Skip to content
30 important points of agriculture
1. Father of agronomy is – peter decresenzi.
2. Dr. Biwant Rajis the founder of Relay cropping .
3. The Directorate of cropping System research is located at – Modipuram , meerut, U.P.
4. Scientific study of mixed cropping was firstly done by – La-Flitze (1928)
5. Relay cropping concept was derived from – Relay race
6. Natural Resource management is an example of sustainable agriculture
7. Cropping System is a component of – framing System
8. When the sub crop are sown to supplement of yield of the main crop , the sub crops are known as — augmenting crops.
9. The main crop is grown in the centre , surrounded by hardly or thorny crops, the sub crop is known as – guard crops.
10. The yield of both crops , grown together are found to be higher than the yield of their pure crops on unit area , such cropping is known as — synergetic cropping.
11. What is a cash crops — those crops , which may be sold directly from the field without processing like vegetables , potato, etc.
12. Formula of Cropping Intensity = Total Cropping Area /total sown area *100
13. The growing of two or more crops on the same field in a year is called — multiple cropping
14. The practice of raising grasses or pasture , is also known as — ley farming
15. In India , the maximum acreage and production of wheat is in UP
16. The type of fruit of wheat is Caryopsis
17. The optimum temperature for ideal germination of wheat is 20 to 25 °C
18. Norin-10 gene was brought to USA by – S.c. salamone 1984
19. The dwarf winter variety of wheat first time developed through using Norin gene by – Dr. O.A.Vogel (USA)
20. Triple gene dwarf variety were released in 1970
21. Which is double gene dwarf varieties of wheat – HD 2204, Janak, UP 215, Pratap, Kalyansona, Arjun, Sonara 64
22. Single gene dwarf varieties are – Sonalika , Girija, UP-262 ,Wl 711,Lerma Rojo 64A
23. The protein found in wheat floor which is helpful for chapati making – Gluten
24. Central Zig – Zag axis of wheat is called –Rachis
25. Mexican dwarf wheat was evolved by – Dr. N. E. Borlaug
26. The toxic alkaloid found in the leaves of sorghum crops is – Dhurin or HCN
27. CSH 1 was released as first dwarf sorghum hybrid in 1964
28. Which crop is known as camel crops – Sorghum
29. Native of jower is Africa (Ethiopia & Sudan)
30. The maximum area & Production of jowar is in Maharashtra