Skip to content
30 important points of agriculture (part- 2)
31. Jower is poor in lysine but rich in – Leucine
32. The inflorescence of jower is called – Panicle
33. First hybrid variety of bajara is HB-1 (1965) developed at PAU, Ludhiana
34. Protein content in Bajra is 11-12 %
35. Origin of bajra is Africa
36. Bajra is sensitive to – water logging and Acidic soil
37. The largest producer state of cotton in India is -Gujarat Compiled by: Premaradhya, N. M.Sc. Agri. Agronomy Page 2 of 18
38. Bad opening of balls is known as – Tirak
39. In cotton , the maturity of fibre is judged by – Arealometer
40. H-777 is the cultivar of cotton
41. Hybrid -4 is the first commercial cotton of the world developed by – Dr.C.T. Patel in 1970
42. The leaves of cotton becomes radish in colour due to decrease nutrient uptake and moisture .
43. Origin of cotton is from – India
44. Cotton belongs to- malvaceae
45. Intra – Specific hybrid of cotton is -Hybrid -6, savita, surya.
46. Interspecific hybrid of cotton is – Varalaxmi , DCH-32 , HB -224 etc.
47. One seed of cotton has 60000-80000 fibres
48. Ginning %= wt. of lint / wt. of seed cotton taken for ginning * 100
49. The removal of lower leaves which come in contact with soil and lose their commercial value is known as priming process.
50. Priming method is used in – Cigarette and wrapper tobacco
51. The main aim of topping and Desuckering is – to divert the energy and nutrient of plant from flower to leaves.
52. The removal of the lateral branches or suckers or auxiliary buds is called – desuckring .
53. Central tobacco research institute is situated at – Raja – h – Mundri, AP (1947)
54. The richest source of protein among the food grain is – Pulses
55. Head quarter of directorate of pulses research is located in – Kanpur UP
56. Which pulse crop doesn’t fix N2 from atmosphere –Rajma
57. The word pulse is derived from – French world pottage or poride means – soup (dal)
58. The term legume is taken from – latin word – means to collect
59. India is the largest producer of – gram
60. The sour taste of gram leaf is due to presence of – Maleic acid(60%) and oxalic acid
Post Views: 406