(for JRF/SRF/IARI Ph.D. & other competitive exams.)
1. Monogenic traits show which type of variation : Discontinuous 2. Purpose of Bagging is to prevent : Cross-pollination 3. Purpose of Emasculation is to prevent : Self-pollination 4. Among Pollen grain and female gamete which is more sensitive to environmental disturbance : Pollen grain 5. Protoandry condition found in Maize crop 6. Protogynous condition found in Bajra crop 7. Clipping method of emasculation done in Rice crop. 8. Examples of CHAs : Sodium Methyl Arsenate (MG2), Ethephon, GA3, Hybrex 9. Circular tag size : 3 cm dia.
10. Rectangular tag size : 3 x 2 cm 11. In Maize, bajra, Jowar tag size is : 6 x 3 cm 12. Octaploid Triticale is a cross between : Hexaploid Wheat X Tetraploid Rye 13. ‘Law of homologous series of variation’ is also called as : ‘Law of parallel variation’ 14. ‘Law of homologous series of variation’ was given by : N. I. Vavilov 15. Frequency of plants heterozygous for different no. of genes in a segregating generation is obtained by the formula : [1+(2m-1)]n 16. Frequency of completely homozygous plant in any segregating generation by the formula : [(2m-1)/2m]n 17. The primitive cultivars which are selected and cultivated by the farmer for many generations called : Land races 18. Phenotype of an individual influenced by : Both genotype & Environment 19. Self-pollination pollination is the most intense form of Inbreeding. 20. Scientific name of Johannsen’s research crop : Phaseolus vulgaris (Rajma/ French bean) 21. In cotton which type of emasculation mostly followed : Thumb and nail method 22. Which type of male sterility system recently developed in cotton : CGMS.
23. Full name of CIMMYT : Centro-International de Mezoramiento de Maize Y Trigo (or International centre for Wheat and Maize Improvement)
24. Coventionally, visual selection is the basis of selection in method : Mass selection 25. Triticale is a cross between : Triticum aestivum X Secale serial 26. H4 variety of cotton developed from : GAU, Surat station 27. Varalaxmi variety of Cotton developed from : UAS, Dharwad 28. CIMMYT mainly conduct research on Wheat and Maize crop. 29. Effect of pollen grain on the maternal tissue called : Metaxenia 30. Effect of pollen grain on the seed coat, chalaza is called : Xenia 31. For resistance breeding the better parent is crossed with Wild relatives parent 32. Pedigree method is designated for Transgressive breeding. 33. Sex in plants discovered by : Camerarious (1964) 34. Artificial pollination of Date palm done first time by :Babylonians and Assyrians (700BC) 35. Family of Alfalfa : Leguminoceae
36. For selfing in Maize which part is bagged : Both of male and female parts 37. Examples of two genetic emasculation techniques : CMS & GMS 38. First cotton hybrid developed in the world in the year : 1970 39. Bulbosum technique generally used for Haploid plant production in Barley crop 40. Ability of a genotype to survive in mixture generally referred to as : Competitive ability or fitness 41. SSD method is most suitable if the character is less heritable. 42. Pedigree method is best suitable if the character is highly heritable. 43. When all the component lines are resistance against the effective pathogen in a multiline variety than that is called : Clean crop Approach 44. NILs full form : Near Isogenic Lines 45. RILs full form : Recombinant Inbred Lines 46. KSML full form : Kalyan Sona Multiline 47. MLKS full form : Multiline Kalyan Sona 48. Double haploid technique used to obtain Homozygous lines 49. DH lines of Tobacco developed through Anther culture method 50. Animal which exploit heterosis :Cow, Silk Worm, Poultry, Swine