PLANT SCIENCE BIOTECHNOLOGY QUESTION
This biotechnology quiz is designed to assess your basic knowledge in ‘Plant Tissue
Culture’. Questions come under ‘medium’ category. Choose the best answer from the
four options given. When you’ve finished answering as many of the questions as you
can, scroll down to the bottom of the page and check your answers by clicking ‘Get
score’. Percentage score will be displayed along with right answers.
1. Totipotency means
flowering in culture medium
development of fruit from a flower in a culture
development of an organ from a cell in culture medium
all of these
2. Haploid plants can be obtained from
3. In tissue culture medium, the embryoids formed from pollen grains is due to ?
test tube culture
4. In plant tissue culture, which of the following shows totipotency?
5. In tissue culture of parenchyma, mitosis is accelerated in the presence of.
auxin and cytokinin
auxin and gibberellin
6. In plant tissue culture, the callus tissues can be regenerated into complete plantlets
primarily by altering the concentration of.
7. A major application of embryo culture is in
production of embryoids
overcoming hybridization barriers
induction of somaclonal variations
8. The problem of necrosis and gradual senescence while performing tissue culture can
be overcome by.
9. The final stage in the tissue culture program before the new plants are taken out
for cultivation in the fields is known as.
10. The somaclonal variation appears in plants
growing in polluted soil or water
exposed to gamma rays
raised in tissue culture
transformed by recombinant DNA technology
1. development of an organ from a cell in culture medium
2. anther culture
3. cellular totipotency
5. auxin and cytokinin
7. overcoming hybridization barriers
8. spraying cytokinins
10. raised in tissue culture
7 year 2010 to 2017
BHU Question paper set
HAND BOOK OF AGRICULTURE
HAND BOOK OF ANIMAL HUSBANDRY
CAPSULE OF AGRICULTURE BOOK FOR BHU EXAM GENERAL AGRICULTURE BOOK