Top 20 Question Agriculture competition Exam
1-In northern India, sometimes rain takes place in winter which is due to: Western depression (JRF-97/RPS(‘, A0-09).
2. National agricultural insurance scheme (NAIS)/ Rashtriya Krishi Bima Yojna is sponsored by General Insurance
Corporation. In total agricultural credit, the contribution of commercial banks is the highest (74%), followed by co-operative banks (17%) and rural banks (9%) in 2009. (Pre -PG -2013)
3. Agriculture came into existence in 7500 B.C. when the cultivation of wheat and barley first started.
Minimum support prices of various crops are recommended by the Commission on Agricultural Cost & Price (CACP), at present crops under MSP.
4. Accumulation of nutrients in a lake or pound due to human intervention or natural process is: Eutrophication
5. Maximum number of campuses under a single agricultural university: JNKVV, Jabalpur (MP)
6. Central Agricultural University, Imp/sal (Manipur) is the only multi-state, agricultural university with seven colleges among sister states.
7. Panchayati Raj (3 tier), by Balwant Roy Mehta, inaugurated by J. L. Nehru on 2″d Oct. 1959 firstly in
Nagaur district of Rajasthan
8.In the year 1960: First Agricultural University in India, G. B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar, on the pattern of Land- Grant system of USA
9.Genetically Modified Crops: The crops in which one or many of its traits are altered or enhanced through a process of genetic engineering known as GM crops i.e. Bt. Cotton developed against cotton bollworms. Bacillus thuringensis is a soil bacterium that produces proteins lethal to insect larvae affecting the digestive
Top 20 Question Agriculture competition Exam
10. Mostly GM traits are used as herbicides resistant traits followed by quality improvements and insecticides resistant traits.
11. These are glyphosate resistance mustard developed by Pro- I. Agro Seed Company Ltd. (an ancillary Company of Bayer ; Crop Science, Germany).
12.Super Rice: Developed by Dr. Gurdev Singh Khush at IRRI, which would bring an improvement of 25% of over present-day varieties.
13.Hybrid Rice: Is’ time in World developed in China in 1974 by Prof. Long Ping Yuan, hence known as ‘Father of Hybrid Rice’.
14. India is second to developed hybrid after China i.e. MGR- 1(earlier named as CoRH-1) developed first by TNAU, Coimbatore and PRH-1 & P14II-6 developed by IAR!.
15. The term vitamin was introduced by Funk (1912) Vitamins are accessory food factors that play a vital role in growth, nutrition, and metabolic process.
16. The term enzyme was coined by: W. Kuhne (1898) Enzymes are those organic substances which are capable of catalyzing chemical reactions in the living system.
17.India is meeting 85 percent its urea requirement through indigenous production but depends heavily on imports for its phosphatic and potash fertilizer requirements.
18.National Food Security Mission (NFSM): The NFSM was launched in Rabi 2007 with a view to enhancing the production of rice, wheat, and pulses by 10 mt, 8 mt, and 2 mt, respectively by the end of the Eleventh Plan.
19.Kisan Call Centre: The Kisan Call Centre scheme was launched on 21, Jan 2004 to provide agricultural information to the farming community through toll -free telephone lines.
20.Protection of Plant Varieties and Farmers’ Rights (PPV&FR): Authority established in November 2005 at New Delhi has been mandated to implement provisions of the PPV&FR Act, 2001.
IT’S IMPORTANT DON’T MISS
Friends, some new books have come 2019 -20 – some new data and new topics have been included. If you are preparing for any agricultural exam, you should have these books so that all your books Topics should be covered properly. You can perches these books online by clicking on the link given below. V list of books:- plant science, soil science, economics, life science, horticulture, biotechnology, agronomy, some important famous agriculture book for general agriculture visit on link.दोस्तों कुछ नयी बुक्स आयी है 2019 -20 – कुछ नई डाटा और नई टॉपिक को include किया गया है अगर आप किसी भी एग्रीकल्चर exam की तैयारी कर रहे हो आपके ये books होना ही चाइये ताकि आपके सारे टॉपिक्स अचे से कवर हो जाये।निचे दिए गए लिंक पे क्लिक करके आप इन books को ऑनलाइन perches कर सकते है.
General Agriculture Books
1.Agriculture at a Glance 20th Revised & Enlarged Edition (An Enhanced Competition Explorer) (PB) Unknown Binding – 2018 (Amazone)
2. A Competitive Book of Agriculture Paperback – 2019-20
3. Agriculture Current Affairs 2019 Paperback – 2019
4. General Agriculture For I.C.A.R. Examinations (J.R.F., Ph.D., S.R.F. & A.R.S.) Paperback – 2010
5. Agriculture Markeing Paperback – Import, 1 Jan 2011by
Ramesh Chand (Author)
6. Fundamentals of Agriculture Vol.-1&2 Paperback – 2017
7. Question Bank On Agriculture Paperback – 2018 by Dr. Yaspal Singh Nirala Dr. Sanjay Kumar Ghirtlahre, Kamal Narayan Koshale (Author)
8. QUESTION BANK ON AGRICULTURE FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMS (REVISED AND ENLARGED) 3ED (PB 2020) Paperback – 2020
by SINGH (Author)
9. Environment: for Civil Services Prelims & Main and Other competitive examinations Paperback – 10 Nov 2018 by D.R. Khullar (Author),
10. Indian Forestry A Breakthrough Approach to Forest Services 2018 Edition Paperback – Jul 2018 by S. Prabhu K. Manikandan (Author, Editor)
J A C S Rao (Author).