Types of Insect-Pest Trap
- It is a syenthetic chemicals insects and other animals to communicate with each other.
- Insects send these chemical signals to help attract mates, warn others of predators, or find food.
- A pheromone-impregnated lure, encased in rubber septa
- Used to monitor target pests in agriculture by sampling and Survillence.
- Its use for lepidopterans order like clothes moths, Spdoptera sp., Helicoverpa sp.
- inexpensive tool used in monitoring insect pest populations and helping reduce their numbers.
- Used in fishponds or rice- fish paddies to attract insects upon which the fish can feed. As pesticides became more common and were used to prevent damage to crop, light traps became less important.
3. Yellow Sticky Trap
- These Yellow Sticky Trapsare the first step in Integrated Pest Management and trap whitefly, aphids, thrips, leafhoppers, and moths.
- Use in greenhouses, gardens or orchards. Use indoor on houseplants for fungus gnats and even fruit flies. Will not attract beneficial insects.
- Each trap is 4″ x 7″ and unfolds to 4″ x 14″.
- Easy to Use
- Marked with 1 inch grids for precision monitoring.
- cut size according to use.
- Weatherproof – rain will not harm sticky surface
- A rodent trapis a specialised type of animal trap designed primarily to catch and, usually, kill rat.
- Rodent traps are usually set in an indoor location where there is a suspected infestation of rodents.
- Larger traps are designed to catch other species of animals; such as big rats, squirrels, other small rodents, or other animals.
4.Glue Rodent Trap
- made using natural or synthetic adhesive applied to cardboard, plastic trays or similar material.
- Bait can be placed in the center or a scent may be added to the adhesive by the manufacturer. used primarily for rodent control indoors.
- Glue traps are not effective in outdoors cause of environmental conditions (moisture, dust), which quickly render the adhesive ineffective.
- glue tray devices trap the mouse in the sticky glue.
5.Rodent Snap Trap
- kills the rodent instantly with a bar that comes down on its neck.
- It is for field conditions.